Who is a Class Member
You are included in the A&B Insurance and Financial TCPA Class Action Settlement “if between August 18, 2012 and April 26, 2017, a third party call center hired by A&B Insurance initiated to your telephone number either:
- more than one telemarketing call within any twelve-month period to a telephone number registered on the Do Not Call Registry for at least 31 days; or
- any telephone calls to a cellular telephone number using an automatic telephone dialing system or an artificial or prerecorded voice.”
If you don’t qualify for this settlement, check out our database of other class action settlementsyou may be eligible for.
- $85 (estimated)
Your exact payment will depend on how many Settlement Class members submit Claim Forms.
Proof of Purchase
- Your phone must match the Settlement Administrator’s records. You can check to see if your phone number qualifies here.
A&B Insurance and Financial TCPA Settlement Notes
- Youngman and Allen v. A&B Insurance and Financial Inc.
- Case No. 6:16-cv-01478-CEM-GJK
- Pending in the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florid
Plaintiffs Jim Youngman and Robert Allen filed this class action lawsuit alleging A&B Insurance and Financial violated the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) by placing multiple telemarketing calls to numbers registered on the National Do Not Call Registry and made prerecorded calls via an automatic telephone dialing system to cell phones.
A person whose number is on the National Do Not Call Registry, and who has received more than one telephone call within any twelve-month period by or on behalf of the same entity in violation of the TCPA, can sue the violator and seek statutory damages. Additionally, the TCPA prohibits persons from making calls using an automatic telephone dialing system or an artificial or prerecorded voice to any telephone number assigned to a cellular telephone service, unless the telemarketer has the recipient’s prior express consent.
In Youngman’s case, he states he placed his telephone number on the National Do Not Call Registry in June 2003. But around January 2016, he began receiving unwanted telemarketing calls from A&B Financial and Insurance offering health insurance services.
“The caller informed Mr. Youngman at the beginning of each call that he was calling from “Florida Blue”, which is a d/b/a of A&B Insurance and they and informed him that they were calling to offer their goods and services,” the complaint states.
A&B Insurance denies that it did anything wrong. Complete details about the case and settlement are provided on the A&B Insurance and Financial TCPA settlement website.
“Class members who wish to object to or exclude themselves from the A&B Financial and Insurance TCPA settlement must do so by July 9, 2018. Class members who wish to participate in the settlement must submit a claim form on or before July 9, 2018.” – capitalist review
- 7/9/18: Claim Form Deadline
- 7/918: Objection or Exclusion Deadline
- 8/30/18: Final Hearing at 9:00 am ET* (class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie).
*Settlement Class Members who wish to speak at the hearing should check ABDTCPASettlement.com to confirm that the date or time of the Hearing has not been changed.
- Mail: Tallahassee Dodge Settlement Administrator, P.O. Box 6006, Portland, OR 97228-6006
- Phone: 1-844-551-1722
- Email: [email protected]
- Edward A. Broderick and Anthony Paronich of Broderick & Paronich PC
- Matthew P. McCue of The Law Office of Matthew P. McCue
- Timothy Howard of Howard & Associates PA