Discover.com/Activate allows a new Discover credit card owner to activate their card online.
In order to obtain a Discover credit card you must be 18 years of age or older and a legal resident of the United States.
This Activate Discover Card write-up is not related to a class action lawsuit but we have received numerous request in regards to activating this card.
Discover Activate Credit Card Options (all available)
- Online: Simply visit Discover.com/Activate and follow the on-screen instructions
- Phone: 866-847-2350, or call the regular Discover customer service number 800-DISCOVER and request to activate a credit card option
- Email/Mail: Not available
In order to activate a Discover credit card online (i.e. Discover.com/Activate) the user must provide their date of birth, last 4 digits of their SSN, the 16 Discover credit card number, expiration date, and the three digit number on the back of the credit card.
Please note the three digit sequence number will be on the back of the Discover credit card and the letter “A” will be in front of the 3 numbers.
Discover.com/Activate Deep Dive
- The card number will always be 16 digits long and is REQUIRED
- Activation should only take 1 or 2 minutes (at most) to complete
- The card holder or an authorized user can do the activation as long as the caller has the card holder’s personal identifiable information
- The card holder must have the new Discover credit card in hand to answer any questions that may come up during activation
What are some of the better Discover credit cards according to the major credit card blogs (i.e. Nerdwallet, WalletHub)? Some of the best online reviewed credit cards include the Discover it Cash Back (ideal for consumers who are greedy and love cash money), Discover it Miles (best for consumers who like to travel), and the Discover it Secured credit card.
The Discover it Secured credit card according to NerdWallet is a truly a rarity — “a secured card that offers rewards”. This card is best for consumers looking to rebuild their credit rating and earn rewards at the same time. Since it is a secured credit card the member will have to put down a security deposit of at least $200.
Discover.com/Activate Contact Points
- 1-800-DISCOVER (available 24 hours a day 7 days a week)
- Dialing outside the United States? Please dial 1-801-902-3100 to speak to a Discover credit csrd customer service agent
- 1-800-347-7449 (call this number if you have trouble hearing)
- Payment Address: Discover Financial Services P.O. Box 6103 Carol Stream, IL 60197-6103
- Standard everyday run of the mill questions about a Discover credit card?: General Inquiries Discover Financial Services P.O. Box 30943 Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0943