California Seating Law Settlement
CaliforniaSeatingLaw.com File Claim Instructions
- Review class member requirements
- If you qualify please visit claims.californiaseatinglaw.com/claim-verification
- You will need to provide the PSA ID number associated with the California Walmart Cashier Seating Class Action Settlement
- If you do not have a Claim Form, please call the claims administrator at 1 (800) 560-6037 to obtain your PSA ID
- Class members will also be asked to provide the last 4 digits of their SSN
The case is entitled Brown, et al. v. Wal-Mart Stores Inc., and is pending in the in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California.
California Seating Law Settlement is listed as case number Case No. 5:09-cv-03339-EJD.
- expdatabreachsettlement.com: ExpDataBreachSettlement.com class members will receive up to $40 in a default time award and two years of free credit monitoring and insurance services.
- totaltcpasettlement.com: Please note you must provide the Unique ID and ZIP Code OR Affected Phone Number when filing a claim online.
Californiaseatinglaw.com Important Dates
- 2/25/2019: Claim Deadline
- 2/25/2019: Objection Deadline
- 3/28/2019: Settlement Fairness Hearing
Class members who file valid claims will be represented by Charles A. Jones & Kelly McInerney from JONES LAW FIRM PLUS Matthew Righetti from the law firm of RIGHETTI GLUGOSKI PC.
Proof of Purchase?
Yes! Class members will need to provide their PSA ID and the last four digits of your Social Security number.
CaliforniaSeatingLaw.com Plaintiff Speak Out!
Plaintiffs Kathy Williamson and Nisha Brown claim Walmart violated California labor laws by failing to provide their cashiers with “suitable seats when the nature of the work reasonably permits.”
Settlement Amount: The total settlement amount (known as the Gross Settlement Amount) in this case is Sixty Five Million Dollars ($65,000,000).
California Seating Law Settlement Contact Information
- Mail: Brown et al v. Wal-Mart Stores Inc. c/o Phoenix Class Action P.O. Box 7208 Orange, CA 92863
- Toll-Free: 1 (800) 560-6037
- Email: [email protected]
Please do not contact Walmart in regards to CaliforniaSeatingLaw.com class action lawsuit.